UPDATED JUNE 17, 2021
Acacia Creek Retirement Community has put into place policies and procedures to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on our campuses. We have followed, and will continue to do so, all county, state, and national guidance set forth for privacy, patient care, employee safety, and efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19.
This disease especially impacts people who live in communal settings. The health and well-being of our residents, staff, and community is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we wanted to make you aware of the policies we’ve put into place during this time across our campus, which we share with the Masonic Homes of California. Click here for a weekly status update. Please note that these policies are continually reviewed and updated as changing circumstances warrant.
- To reduce the risk of COVID-19 infiltrating and spreading on the Acacia Creek and Masonic Homes campus, visits are restricted to the residents’ apartment.
- All visitors can only enter through specified entrance areas. All other areas have been locked.
- All visitors must submit to a screening process, which includes observed hand hygiene, body temperature check, and completing a COVID-19 exposure/symptom questionnaire. Vaccinated visitors must show their vaccination card and ID at the registration desk.
- All non-essential staff have been asked to work from home
- Staff can only enter through specified and approved entry ways
- Only essential staff are allowed on campus
- On campus staff can work abbreviated hours if necessary
- Staff have access to internal solutions and governmental leave programs to make sure they are not financially burdened during this time
- Emotional wellness programs for staff are offered, free of charge, through Masonic Center for Youth and Families
- See other Clinical Preparations being made (below)
Screening of Residents and Staff
- All staff and residents are screened on a daily basis. This included checking body temperatures, observing for any symptoms of COVID-19, and, for staff, attesting that they have no symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19.
- Residents who do not pass screening are placed under self-isolation protocol and are monitored on a daily basis.
- Staff who do not pass screening are asked to return home and provided with information on when they are safe to return to work.
Off-campus Trips, On-campus Events and Gatherings
- Certain on-campus events and gatherings have resumed.
Active Living/Recreational Activities
- Recreational activities have resumed.
- Dining room is open and operating under certain restrictions.
- Residents are still able to select from a diverse and delicious menu.
- Frequent management robocalls announce policy changes and other control measures.
- A dedicated in-house channel has been established for resident communication and education.