- You experience less stress. Although all exercise can reduce stress, outdoor exercise is proven to have an enhanced stress-busting benefit. Even enjoying a natural setting through a window can help engender a sense of calm.
- You gain a more positive outlook. Are you prone to focusing on the negative aspects of your life? Anxiety and stress can make it hard to focus on the tasks at hand and lead us to feel estranged from your sense of purpose. When these feelings appear, try getting outside. Walking in nature can help decrease anxiety and make it easier to focus on positive emotions.
- You heighten your creativity. One study showed that after a four-day backpacking trip, participants were able to solve problems 47 percent more easily. Immersing yourself in a natural setting activates your brain, boosting your ability to think creatively.
- You’re kinder. Natural beauty inspires generosity, trust, and the desire to give back. By surrounding yourself with nature, you find perspective in your own life and gain a greater understanding of how you can help others.
- You feel more alive. Being outdoors can give you a renewed sense of vitality, allowing you to feel energetic and inspired.
Acacia Creek is located on a picturesque 305-acre campus in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, in Northern California. Nestled in nature, our beautiful hilltop vantage point provides wonderful views of wide-open spaces, a creek, walking trails, and wildlife. Our mission as a senior community is to enrich the independence, well-being, and security of our residents through exceptional services and care based on Masonic values. To learn more about Acacia Creek or our senior housing opportunities, visit us at www.acaciacreek.org.
* Information cited in this email sourced from theat the University of California, Berkeley.